Dolphins & Fishing
LOVINA is renowned for its many dolphins. Local fishermen arrange for boat rides to search for the schools of dolphins swimming together. This early morning tour will last approximately two hours and gives you many photo opportunities to catch the dolphins (hopefully) mid air. It is also possible to arrange for a fishing trip together with the fishermen in the late afternoon. Cast your line and bring home your catch for your dinner in the evening. Simply ask your driver to make arrangements to book your time with a local fisherman.
Swimming with the dolphins
At Hotel Melka, just outside Lovina, they have a pool where you can swim with dolphins. Your Driver will be pleased to make arrangements and advise you on timing and prices.
Snorkeling and diving
Snorkel and dive in crystal-clear, tranquil water. The calm sea and the shallow Laguna are a veritable diving paradise. Whether you are a professional diver or just a beginner, the North of Bali has some nice very places for snorkeling and diving.
- An excellent snorkeling location is off the beaches of Lovina. Arrangements can be made by your Driver with one of the fishermen for the use of his boat.
- Approximately one hour west of Lovina is the beautiful diving resort of Pemuteran. From the beach, you can walk straight into the sea to dive or snorkel. Pemuteran also has a variety of little restaurants. The local diving school is run by an Australian. He also runs a small nature reserve for sea turtles, which are returned to the wild. See www.reefseen.com for more details and be sure to have your Driver make arrangements.
- Even further westward is the little island of Menjangan, a nature reserve and diving and snorkeling haven. It will take a bit of time to get there but is well worth the trip. Again have your Driver make the arrangements.
- Tulmaben is a two hour drive east of Villa Dunia Seni close to Amed. Here, diving enthusiasts can dive in the famous American shipwreck US Liberty from the World War II. The wreck is fully populated by all kinds of marine life with beautiful tropical fish. Tulamben village also has exotic panorama of mountainous landscape, surrounded by the blue sea and the daily life of fishermen. AMED is home to a diving school run by Dutch father and son team Maarten and Reinier Vos. See www.jukungdivebali.com for more details and have your Driver make arrangements.
- Lovina has various Padi diving schools. One such school is the Bali Spice Dive which has a Dutch owner. See www.balispicedive.com for more details and have your Driver make the arrangements.
In addition to using our swimming pool at the Villa you may also wish to try swimming in the sea immediately in front of the Villa. There is also a local swimming pool (Air Sanih) just 1 kilometer east from our Villa. Air Sanih is a natural swimming pool (cold water) which is refreshed with fresh new water every 6 hours.
Telaga Waja is a river at Rendang Village which is great for rafting activities. It has clear water and many curves along the river. The river has a wonderful and friendly atmosphere. Arrange this one day in advance. Sobek is a good rafting company. The lunch is included. Again our Driver can make arrangements for you.
Golf fanatics are encouraged to visit the “Handara Kosaido Country Club”. This stunning 18-hole golf course is a ninety minute drive from our Villa. This is one of the top five golf courses in Asia and lies immediately adjacent to a 1100m mountain. For more information, please visit: www.balihandarakosaido.com. Your Driver can help you make arrangements.
There is an elephant park where you can ride the elephants and see the elephant show. This you can combine on a trip to see the markets in UBUD.
Also nearby Ubud is a monkey-forest completely surrounded by a beautiful temple. In this beautiful rain forest you can take a pleasant walk and feed the monkeys.