Before departing for the North, the Driver can also help you to exchange your money into local Indonesian Rupiahs should you desire this.
- The place recommended for your money exchange is Pt. Central Kuta which is nearby the Airport.
- The exchange rate approximates 15.000 Indonesian Rupiahs (IDR) for 1 Euro (EUR). Please note exchange rates change daily; please check for latest rates).
- For an actual exchange rate click here
- The Rupiah bills are denominated in 1.000, 5.000, 10.000, 20.000, 50.000 and 100.000. Special care needs to make sure you make the proper distinction between the 10.000 and the 100.000 which look similar. There are also coins of 100, 200 and 500 rupiahs.
There is little use made of these coins.
- You can withdraw IDR’s from ATM’s at almost every bank. The daily or weekly limit is determined by you own bank. Please check with your bank if you can use your bankcard in Indonesia.